Hello all,

Because Galaxy uses the upload tool internally for the inputs for
function tests, it is possible to bundle gzipped versions of test
inputs which saves space. For example,

https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/blob/master/tools/clc_assembly_cell/clc_mapper.xml

However, what I have just found is that this does not work for
gzipped files as test outputs. Rather Galaxy seems to compare
the (uncompressed) output from the tool to the expected output
file as it is (i.e. still compressed). e.g.

https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/commit/c8adfdf5d1f48c00ac72df967d2be3c828400d45

(I have only tested adding/removing the gzip compression on the
output file locally)

Is this deliberate?

Peter

P.S.

I wanted point at the TravisCI output for that commit and its parent
to show the output,

- https://travis-ci.org/peterjc/pico_galaxy/builds/40203652
- https://travis-ci.org/peterjc/pico_galaxy/builds/40202182

However there appears to be an egg issue with the current
galaxy-central branch:

$ python scripts/fetch_eggs.py
Warning: MarkupSafe (a dependent egg of Mako) cannot be fetched
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 46, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
  File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/pico_galaxy/galaxy-central-master/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py",
line 347, in resolve
    egg.resolve()
  File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/pico_galaxy/galaxy-central-master/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py",
line 192, in resolve
    if e.args[1].key != e.args[0].key:
IndexError: tuple index out of range