Hello,

I've been spending a bit of time looking over Data Sources
<https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Internals/DataSources> for Galaxy.
I've been thinking about designing a tool in Galaxy, similar to a Data
Sources tool, which would take as input a file defining a list of URLs to
import into Galaxy, along with some user credentials.  In this sense it
would be similar to the GenomeSpace
<https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/src/579d211c2b0fa8ef4195930cb999edbb9a0cf8eb/tools/genomespace/?at=default>
importer tool.

However, instead of just exporting a set of files to a user's history, I'd
like to be able to also automatically group these files into a dataset
collection.  I would also like to be able to link to these files instead of
creating copies (which I think I can only do through a Data Library am I
correct?).  Ideally, I'd like to be able to use this tool as the first step
in a workflow, which would allow me to import and structure the data needed
for the rest of the workflow.

Does anyone have any experience writing a similar tool?  Is this possible
in the current Galaxy version?

Thanks,

Aaron