Hi,

I would like to create a code to backup and migrate(*) galaxy datas, based
on the api and/or with the script I did here:
https://github.com/remyd1/galaxy_debug_params/blob/master/source/Templates/parameters/generate_shell_script.mako

To do that, I would use the galaxy model, to retrieve everything in the old
one and recreate everything in the new one.

However, I would like to be able to do that without my web server running.
That is to say, a "cold" migration to avoid any current task to write
additionnal things into the database. Obviously, that is a problem for the
api because this one use the web server.

Could you give some advice to do that ? Should I recreate a code from 0 ?
Could I use the code in the api ? Is there a way to create a code that
could use the api differently (recreate a copy of the api without the web
server) ?

Kind regards,

Remy

(*) this is important; that means you could import data from an old galaxy
to a recent one (or the opposite); a simple backup of files and a dump of
the db is not enough.