Sorry for the long delay on this. You can get access to the job id and
perhaps metric information of a previous job by doing

$input.dataset.creating_job

That will give the job model object and from there you can use
.metrics to fetch the metrics. I consider it breaking Galaxy
abstractions so be careful if you decide to use it - we may break that
at some point.

-John