On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM, John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to be happening during upload - so it is not unsurprising
> that this error would affect multiple tools. I have checked out the
> exact revision registered in the tests and the uploads seem fine to
> me.

You mean during the test-data upload at the start of running a test?

> I am having trouble imagining a deployment problem short of an invalid
> upload tool that might result in this error. Dave B, is it possible
> that a problematic datatype is being installed by some repository and
> affecting unrelated tools?

That sounds like a believable scenario. However, if this was a
problem in a specific datatype (even one not being used, but
referenced via the sniffer configuration), I'm at lost to explain
the division between failures and passes. e.g. these both take
just FASTA input and return just tabular output:

Failed:
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/nlstradamus

Passed:
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast_rbh

I suspect this is specific to select parameters (from the exception)
and my hunch is this is a regression from the recent work on
grouping parameters (again, pointed to by the exception).

Peter