On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Christian Brenninkmeijer
<christian.brenninkmei...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am a new galaxy developer playing with writing my first plugins
>
> In my plugin xml configaration file:
> I want to be able to increase the value of one parameter based on another
> using
>
>   <command interpreter="python">
>     #if $rows.option =="header_ignore"
>         #set $data_start = $rows.ignore + 1
>
> but I get:
> unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'InputValueWrapper' and 'int'
>
> A hack workaround I found was:
>     #set $data_start = int(str($rows.ignore)) + 1
>
> I just wondered if there was a cleaner way to get the integer value from a
> InputValueWrapper object.

That is exactly what I would have tried.

Probably with a little work on Galaxy we could get int($rows.ignore)
to work too by defining an __int__ method on the InputValueWrapper
class (see file lib/galaxy/tools/wrappers.py for details), but that would
not work on older Galaxy installations which may or may not bother
you?

Design wise, it would be nice if these wrapper classes offered
more Python base object behaviour directly, but that is a design
choice worth wider discussion?

> Which is set to integer by:
> <param name="ignore" size="4" type="integer" value="1" ....
>
> If documentation exist somwere please send me an RTFM link.
> (I didn't find it in
> https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/ToolConfigSyntax)
>
> Thanks in advance
> Christian Brenninkmeijer
> University of Manchester
>
> Ps. If you want to see exactly what I am playing with see
> https://github.com/Christian-B/galaxy_tools/tree/master/summary
> (Note that is subject to change as I learn)

Regards,