I am pretty stumped by this - my next actions would be to upgrade to
the newest latest_15.03 in case this has been fixed.

If that doesn't fix it I might look at your proxy configuration - is
there a proxy server sitting in front of Galaxy? It looks like upload
works on this server and I believe that is using the same endpoint
POST /api/tools. I don't know why upload would work but all other
tools fail - but one possibility is the proxy is blocking the request
if it doesn't look like an upload.

-John