Hi Folks,

thank you so far for the previous help. I got much further.
Now I'm stuck with data collections.

Because this is quite a list, I appreciate also answers to parts of my
questions ;)

I have two issues:
A) manual definition of data collections (any type) by user and/or admin
B) definition of data collections as input/output of a tool and inside a
workflow

A) manual
Basically I would like to create
i) a list of fastq files (unpaired)
ii) a paired set of two fastq files
iii) a list of each two paired fastq files

How can I do that?
By using the web app? As user? As admin?
By working via ssh on the server?

B) in tool/workflow
Here I also have different approaches I would like to realize:
i) use a collection as input for a tool
ii) create a collection as output of a tool
ii.1) from known # of output parameters
ii.2) from unknown # of output parameters

For these things I was trying to find some tools in toolshed to see how
they do it, but I couldn't quite adopt it.

i) use a collection as input for a tool
this is good documented - realizable by type="data_collection" and
the collection_type.
Unfortunately I can't test this because I can't create a collection so far
;) - see A

ii) create a collection as output of a tool
Here it gets blurry for me.

ii.1) from known # of output parameters
Here I didn't find a tool. I just thought, it might be a simpler case than
ii.2 and
good to understand the concept.
I would be glad if someone could explain the way(s) to do this.

ii.2) from unknown # of output parameters
For this I found barcode splitter tools (also from devteam) that have
different approaches.
But. Their output (defined in xml) is only some report file.
The output files seem to be fed into the history.
And here I don't know how to get hands on these files when I want to use
them to feed them into the next step during a workflow.

Help highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Alexander