Hi, I work at the It service desk at the GRU Health and Science campus Ed
Commons GB building and I have a customer trying to get admin access for the
local installation of galaxy. We tried to follow the online instructions "In
order to control your new Galaxy through the UI (installing tools, managing
users, creating groups etc.) you have to become an administrator. First
register as a new user and then give the user admin privileges like this: You
add the Galaxy login ( email ) to the Galaxy configuration file
(config/galaxy.ini). If the file does not exist you can copy it from the
provided sample (config/galaxy.ini.sample). Note that you have to restart
Galaxy after modifying the configuration for changes to take effect.

# this should be a comma-separated list of valid Galaxy users
admin_users = us...@example.com,us...@example.com" but we cannot alter the
config/galaxy.ini file. Can you please give us assistance? Do you run in
console or Terminal (this is a Macbook Air Laptop)?

Aneisha Davenport