Yeah - moving to git is great if it is an option. For the record
though - bitbucket will be updated eventually to include this fix -
but it does lag behind github some.

-John

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Bjoern Gruening
<bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> it seems that bugfixes are not backported to bitbucket.
> We had the same trouble here and I migrated to git real quick.
>
> It is pretty easy. Check out 15.05 in bitbucket and clone one github repo
> with the same branch.
> Now you can swap the .hg and .git folders. Make a backup of everything
> before :)
>
> And do not forget to copy the .gitignore over :)
> Hope this hleps!
> Bjoern
>

>> Hello Dannon
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response - glad to hear it's already been
>> detected and fixed.
>>
>> Just to confirm though - am I right in thinking that the fix hasn't
>> propagated through to bitbucket/galaxy-dist yet? Our production
>> instance is still based off this and the change didn't seem to come
>> up when I did "hg update" to the tip.
>>
>> Should we be considering migrating our deployment to github at some
>> point?
>>
>> Thanks again, best wishes
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On 17/06/15 14:12, Dannon Baker wrote:
>>> Hey Peter, this was indeed reported and fixed in
>>>
>>> https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/commit/7294bd0af33bc974684c8ed8d21e97017660ca22,
>>>

> which should already be available in the release_15.05 branch of the
>>> repository if you update.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the trouble, and even though it's resolved now, thanks
>>> for taking the time to debug this and write such a detailed error
>>> report including a patch!
>>>

>>> -Dannon
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:03 AM Peter Briggs
>>> <peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk
>>> <mailto:peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I think a bug was introduced into galaxy-dist between the 15.03
>>> and 15.05 releases, for the "Share history with user" function. The
>>> function works for 15.03 but fails in 15.05.
>>>
>>> To reproduce: 1. Click on the "cog" icon for a history and select
>>> "Share or publish" 2. Under "Share History with Individual Users"
>>> click "Share with a user" 3. Enter the email of another user on the
>>> system and click submit
>>>
>>> In 15.03 this returns to the sharing screen and indicates that the
>>> history has been shared with the specified user; in 15.05 this
>>> produces a stack trace (or "internal server error" in a production
>>> setting").
>>>
>>> The following patch appears to fix the problem:
>>>
>>> diff -r c3cef260df88
>>> lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/controllers/history.py ---
>>> a/lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/controllers/history.py  Fri May 15
>>> 15:20:17 2015 -0400 +++
>>> b/lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/controllers/history.py  Wed Jun 17
>>> 12:51:41 2015 +0100 @@ -899,7 +899,7 @@ for history_id in ids:
>>> history_id = self.decode_id( history_id ) history =
>>> self.history_manager.get_owned( history_id, trans.user,
>>> current_history=trans.history ) -            histories.append(  ) +