We only have one cluster, so we will have both test and production environments
running on it. I understand that at a minimum we'd need different Galaxy home
dir and UID/GID. This is a proof of concept for us still, so I can't tell you
what else we might need to change. I can get hold of our admin on Tuesday and
he can clarify if there any other build time variables he needs to change. I'm
running with the local dev version and so far it's been great. I just need a
local toolshed situation figured out, to be able to install my tools.

Thanks for maintaining Galaxy! Will try to contribute once I get more
up-to-speed.

Cheers,
Oksana