Dear Galaxy Community,

a User of our Galaxy Platform has produced a fatal error by uploading a file
containing a German special character  (ä / ü / ö / ß). This resulted in the
following status (only for the given user):

- Upload was canceled: Status was "Failed Internal Server Error (500)"
- All Histories were corrupt stating: "An error was encountered while loading
the contents."
- Tools can´t be used an stating (in Traceback):
" UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 5:
invalid start byte"
"Module weberror.evalexception.middleware:364 in respond"

This totally destroyed to current user and we have had to purge him in order to
get him back to work, even losing all his datasets & histories!

We are using an MySQL database as a backend. Is the Encoding of this database
the problem? If yes: Which encoding is used/supported by galaxy?

Thanks in advance!

Matthias