Hi,

today, there was a complaint on the Galaxy Biostar forum that Galaxy fails to start under the new OS X El Capitan (https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/p/14492/).

I had noticed this last week already, and that post prompted me to investigate the problem in more detail. The result (now checked on our own Galaxy instance) is that compatibility with El Capitan requires updates to two eggs - amqp and kombu - in the sense that, at least, you can start Galaxy after fixing these two. I haven't checked to see if there are additional run time problems.

Hope that information helps,
Wolfgang