Hi Tiago,

for simple tool_dependencies you can use the new planemo depbash command from Peter:
https://github.com/galaxyproject/planemo/pull/310

For more complicated once I recommend to use the TTS for the time being.
You can create the initial repository install from it and change your tool_dependency file on your harddrive (after installation)
and simply reinstall the tool after every change.

What kind of dependencies do you have? Python/Perl?
Consider contributing to tools-iuc (https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-iuc). We can probably help you and guide you your way.

Thanks for working on RAD-seq!
Bjoern