Hi Bob,

you could write a special visualisation for your specific datatype. This
does not work with the eyeball, but with the visualisation button
associated to every dataset.

For a few visualisation examples please see the following links:

*
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/tree/dev/config/plugins/visualizations
* https://github.com/bgruening/galaxytools/tree/master/visualisations
* https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/VisualizationsRegistry/Cookbook