Good morning Bjorn,

The way I understand Galaxy is worksteps involve a tool using History inputs
and creates History output files.   I view the results from the tool one
click's on the eyeball to see the output file content.

In following this same flow, I was trying to have my datatype display my
heatmap when the user clicks on the eyeball after creating the history output
file from the HM creation tool.

Similar to how one can display an image file or csv by clicking on the eyeball.

Thanks again,
bob

----- Original Message -----From: rbrown1422@comcast.netTo: Björn
Gr&uuml;ning <bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com>Sent: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 15:49:56 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] How does one create a viewer for a new datatype
to display a webpage if eyeball is clicked?

Good morning and thanks Bjorn,

One question  on your statement ...This does not work with the eyeball, but
with the visualization buttonassociated to every dataset.  How is this invoked
so the dataset is displayed if not by the eyeball?

Let me digest this info and hopefully I can take it from here.

cheers,
bob

----- Original Message -----From: Bj&ouml;rn Gr&uuml;ning
<bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com>To: rbrown1...@comcast.net, galaxy-dev
<galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org>Sent: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 18:14:51 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] How does one create a viewer for a new datatype
to display a webpage if eyeball is clicked?

Hi Bob,

you could write a special visualisation for your specific datatype. Thisdoes
not work with the eyeball, but with the visualisation buttonassociated to every
dataset.

For a few visualisation examples please see the following links:

*https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/tree/dev/config/plugins/visualizations*
 https://github.com/bgruening/galaxytools/tree/master/visualisations*
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/VisualizationsRegistry/Cookbook

Hope this gets you started!Bjoern