Give this a try:
<test type="isinstance" test_attr="datatype" result_type="datatype">
*registry.MDA_zip*</test>
And if that doesn't work:
<test type="isinstance" test_attr="datatype" result_type="datatype">
*MDA_zip*</test>
Finally, try this (which won't return true for subclasses of MDA_zip):
<test test_attr="extension">*MDA_zip*</test>

(Sorry - initially sent this to Bob only)