Hi Hans-Rudolf

Yes, we have considered using data libraries, but for this particular use case
we would prefer an approach like this. Our users are notoriously bad at data
management and we would like to limit the amount of data that gets loaded in
Galaxy. The networked share does not store all data permanently, so we need
something to query what is available so the users can load that into their
history.

Ideally the datasets also shouldn’t be copied into Galaxy, but symlinked, if
possible.

Thanks for the tip on ‘dynamic_options’. Hadn’t noticed it before.

Matthias