many thanks for taking the time to answer my query, gildas!

> In your job_conf.xml, you can set per tool a destination.

i had realized that much (sending some of our tools to SLURM, running
others on the local node), but i had failed to realize that one can of
course have /multiple/ SLURM destinations, which all send to the same
cluster but differ in their default resource parameters.

thanks again, oe