Yes, that's correct. I had a PR to bump update times when a user switched
to a history, but it did not make it in.

re: history/current: there has been a push to make the API more stateless
and remove references to any 'current' history. Overall I still agree with
that but maybe, for such a practical case, it can be re-added for a while.

Agreed on the error, but I'd rather prioritize removing that endpoint
altogether and replace it with something better.