Thanks Martin!  With your hint and the example from graphviz.mako I was able to
get this to
work.

Cheers,
Malcolm

On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 03:23:31 PM Martin Čech wrote:

Hello Malcolm,

encoded_id is a database row id that has been ran through this method
(https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/blob/dev/lib/galaxy/web/security/__init__.py#L46[1])

using the 'secret' from galaxy.ini config.

You should be able to do something like this in the mako:

${trans.security.encode_id( hda.id[2] )}

thank you for using Galaxy

Martin