Dear Galaxy developers,
I am interested in adding a download link to the “Download or Export Workflow”
page of a workflow. I am able to add the link through the files in the
templates directory and correctly add the necessary API functions in the
lib/webapps/galaxy/controllers/workflow.py file.
I wanted to ask for some help in figuring out what I might be missing when I
try to download a file when I have load balancing feature activated. The page
looks something like this:
Download to File
Download workflow to file so that it can be saved or imported into another
Galaxy server.
<https://dev.globusgenomics.org/u/arodri7/w/workflow-1-for-asms-2016-workshop-imported-from-uploaded-file-1/json-download>

New Test Download ( test file)
URL for Importing to Another Galaxy
This workflow must be accessible before it can be imported into another Galaxy.
<https://dev.globusgenomics.org/workflow/sharing?id=a728237e0d32bb8c>

As you can see I added the “New test Download” link.
I have added and tested the function which gets me the information about the
workflow I want correctly. For now it’s just a “hello world” string.
When I don’t use load balancing I get the contents I want downloaded to the
file correctly.
However, when I activate load balancing, it only downloads an empty file. I can
print the contents of the test download file to the galaxy log, but as I said
nothing gets printed on the actual file.

Is there some javascript code I also need to add for this functionality that I
might be missing such that the download works with load balancing? As I
mentioned I do get a proper download when load balancing is not activated. BTW,
all other existing download links work properly with both load balancing and no
load balancing.

Thanks,

Alex