I can't confirm it is going to work without negative repercussions - I
can only say that I cannot think of any non-obvious problems that
would result from doing this. It seems like it is going to be the
right thing to do in your case (but no promises :)).

If it works, it would be super awesome if you update the wiki - thanks
for taking the time to do that!

-John