Dear all

Our production server uses Apache to handle external user authentication.

I have now set up a new test server (16.04) which handles external user authentication via LDAP using the auth_conf file. This works nicely when using an empty database (I have managed to solve all last weeks problems).

I have now connected my test server to a copy of the PostgreSQL database used on our production server. I try to log in, and I get:

"This account was created for use with an external authentication method, contact...)

and the login fails.

If I now set external = 'f'  in the galaxy_user table, it works

Since manually modifying the database is a bad thing, I just want to double check, whether this is the right way to do it?

If so, I will add a line or two to the wiki

Many thanks for your help
Hans-Rudolf

--

Hans-Rudolf Hotz, PhD
Bioinformatics Support

Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
Maulbeerstrasse 66
4058 Basel/Switzerland