Hi Steve,

I don't have a precise answer to your question, but the Galaxy CiteULike
archive might be helpful here.  Any paper that uses, extends, or references
Galaxy gets put in that library.  Papers are tagged with one or more of 17
tags <https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/CiteULike>.  There aren't specific
tags for "defines and publishes a workflow" or "reuses a previously
published workflow" but I'm pretty sure I've come across many papers that
do this.

A good place to start though would be papers with the shared tag
<http://www.citeulike.org/group/16008/tag/shared>: Papers that have
published/shared workflows, histories, datasets, pages, visualizations in a
Galaxy instance.

Also, not sure if CloudMap
<http://www.citeulike.org/group/16008/article/11450604> qualifies here, but
if it does, many papers that reference it are reusing the pipeline defined
in it.

Hope this helps,

Dave C

http://galaxyproject.org/