Hi all,
  I’m making baby steps towards having a repeatable installation for my tools.
But I’m now stuck, so help would be appreciated.

I have a tool that works and is in the test toolshed (alveoimport in Data
Sources).

It depends on my python package which is now part of bioconda (pyalveo, version
0.6).

I can run my tool via planemo, which works I think because I have pyalveo
installed in a local venv.

If I try to run the docker image (derived from  bgruening/galaxy-stable but
with the testtoolshed added) I am able to install my tool, but it doesn’t pick
up the dependency, so it doesn’t work.

I tried running with planemo turning on conda dependency resolution (following
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/planemo/):

planemo serve --galaxy_branch release_16.01 --conda_dependency_resolution .

It seems to have a go, but fails:

galaxy.tools.deps DEBUG 2016-08-25 17:32:22,449 Building dependency shell
command for dependency 'pyalveo'
galaxy.tools.deps DEBUG 2016-08-25 17:32:22,449 Find dependency pyalveo version
0.6
galaxy.tools.deps DEBUG 2016-08-25 17:32:22,450 Resolver conda returned
<galaxy.tools.deps.resolvers.NullDependency object at 0x105bef5d0> (isnull?
True)
galaxy.tools.deps DEBUG 2016-08-25 17:32:22,450 Resolver conda returned
<galaxy.tools.deps.resolvers.NullDependency object at 0x105bef5d0> (isnull?
True)
galaxy.tools.deps WARNING 2016-08-25 17:32:22,451 Failed to resolve dependency
on 'pyalveo', ignoring

So, what’s the easiest route to a Galaxy deployment with my tool installed. The
Docker route would be best I think, but what do I have to add to
bgruening/galaxy-stable to have conda find my dependencies.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

—
Department of Computing, Macquarie University
http://web.science.mq.edu.au/~cassidy