Hello all,

RE: https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/UploadviaFTP

We're in the process of setting up a new Galaxy server integrated
into our cluster, where all the accounts will map to a Linux user
and jobs on the cluster will run as that user.

Because many of the users will have their input data already on
the shared Linux file system, we have re-used the FTP upload
functionality as an easy way to directly get files into Galaxy.

1. On Linux copy data to the /mnt/shared/pretend_ftp_upload folder,
2. On Galaxy import these files via the "FTP" upload.

This seems to work fairly well, but to make it smoother we'd
ideally like to edit the Galaxy UI to replace the "FTP" text.

Has anyone done this before, or is there a better way - ideally
could we let users browse their Linux account's home folder?

Thanks,

Peter