In general we discourage this - but there is some conversation about
this here - at least as it pertains to the instance URL and API key:

http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/find-UUID-of-current-history-in-tool-XML-wrapper-td4667113.html

The workflow is more tricky - if you are sure the job is going to be
coming from a workflow - you might be able to pull off something like:

#set
$workflow_id=$__app__.security.encode_id(output.creating_job.workflow_invocation_step.workfow_invocation.workflow.stored_workflow.id)

or

#set
$workflow_id=$__app__.security.encode_id(output.creating_job.workflow_invocation_step.workfow_invocation.workflow.id)

One of those might be the right id to invoke a workflow through the
API using. It is discouraged - I'd track this information somewhere
else I guess - but I understand the expediency tools can provide
sometimes.

-John