Hello Galaxians

I've been reinstalling some tools and dependencies as a part of relocating our
local Galaxy server to a new VM platform, and while the majority of tools seem
to be okay for a few I've noticed a baffling problem with what appear to be
"phantom" tool dependencies.

For example: for package_matplotlib_1_2, I'm now seeing an unsatisfied
dependency on "package_libpng_1_6_7" from devteam - but the matplotlib
repository in the toolshed no longer has a requirement on this package. So I
don't know where this phantom dependency has come from (a hangover from the
original installation, which was at an earlier revision of the package?) or
more pragmatically, how to clear it.

Has anyone else seen this problem before, and if so then can they advise how to
fix it?

To clarify:

-- By "reinstall" I mean: manually uninstall the tool repository via the
Admin/Manage installed tools interface, and then perform an install using a
Python utility that uses the API via bioblend.
-- I'm using Galaxy v15.10.2 but planning to upgrade the code base once the
tools are installed.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated,

Best wishes

Peter Briggs peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk
Bioinformatics Core Facility University of Manchester
B.1083 Michael Smith Bldg Tel: (0161) 2751482