Hello Jennifer

I came across the same problem with the naive variant caller at the end of last year, when trying to upgrade our local Galaxy instance.

As you describe, the issue is actually with the two dependency packages:

-- package_pybamparser_0_0_1
-- package_pybamtools_0_0_2

I think I found the same solution as Nikolaos to the underlying problem (i.e. the setup.py files in these two packages are no longer compatible with the newer versions of the Python 'setuptools'), but I didn't have time to follow it up then.

I've now submitted pull requests with my attempted fixes on the Bitbucket repositories which hold the source code for the dependencies (URLs below), so at least you can see how I've tried to address the problem. However I don't know of an easy way to apply these changes inside the Galaxy context - my hope is that the tool maintainer (Daniel Blankenberg, cc'ed) will take a look and update the dependencies on the toolshed.

Not sure if this helps - maybe someone else on this list has a way to apply the patches directly?

Best wishes

Peter

Pull request URLs:

-- https://bitbucket.org/dan/pybamtools/pull-requests/1/