Hi Joseph,

we have recently implemented a plugin mechanism for Galaxy UI which we
call galaxy-webhooks. Please read more about this here:

https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/blob/dev/doc/source/admin/special_topics/webhooks.rst

This can be extended I think to fulfil your usecase, or maybe you can
already use one of the available webhooks, e.g. the history menue.

Cheers,
Bjoern