Hi everybody,

is there something new about this? We have the same problem since we installed
the latest galaxy release after some time last week. Our local integrated tools
and the tools from the galaxy distribution itself work fine, but all toolshed
tools are producing this strange error.

I tested some things about this, e.g. we have 3 different tool configs in our
instance (own_tool_conf.xml, tool_conf.xml, shed_tool_conf.xml), so I thought
it could be related to the shed_tool_conf.xml and I checked it, with installing
a tool to one of the other files, but the error persists.

But I figured out, that the error only appears when the entry for the tool
looks like this:

<tool
file="toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/bowtie2/c1ec08cb34f9/bowtie2/bowtie2_wrapper.xml"
 guid="toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/bowtie2/bowtie2/0.3">
      <tool_shed>toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu</tool_shed>
        <repository_name>bowtie2</repository_name>
        <repository_owner>devteam</repository_owner>

<installed_changeset_revision>c1ec08cb34f9</installed_changeset_revision>
        <id>toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/bowtie2/bowtie2/0.3</id>
        <version>0.3</version>
    </tool>

Changing it to this:

  <tool
file="toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/bowtie2/c1ec08cb34f9/bowtie2/bowtie2_wrapper.xml">
    </tool>

solves the problem.

Maybe someone could figure out why, any hint would be welcome.

Thanks in advance, Thomas