Dear Galaxy Fans,

We are pleased to announce the *release of Galaxy 17.05*. Thanks to the
#usegalaxy committers and you, our community!

Full release notes:

https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/releases/17.05_announce.html

Highlights:
*Tag your data with propagating hashtags*

Large Galaxy histories used to be messy. Hashtags make it easy to track
dataset (and collection) relationships. These two movies (both under a
minute) explain how to use this with datasets <https://vimeo.com/216884518>
 and with collections <https://vimeo.com/216895965>.

Learn more about Galaxy histories in our updated tutorial
<https://galaxyproject.org/tutorials/histories/>
*Drag & Drop datasets into tool inputs*Interface now allows dragging
datasets from history panel into the content selectors of the tool form.
Implemented in Pull Request 3871
<https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/3871>.*Upload directly to a
collection*

You can now bypass the history manipulation and upload your data straight
into a collection for convenience.

Learn more about collections and how to use them in a new tutorial
<https://galaxyproject.org/tutorials/collections/>.

We extend special thanks to the 64 New Contributors
<https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/releases/17.05_announce.html#new-contributors>
Galaxy in the past year.

*Thanks for using Galaxy!*

*http://galaxyproject.org <http://galaxyproject.org>*