Sorry for the late response - but earlier this week Björn Grüning and I
added various support to Galaxy's development branch for Singularity.

The following pull request added Singularity support in job running (
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/4175) - here job destinations
may describe the paths to Singularity containers. It may also work with
Singularity 2.3 to just specify Docker containers and let it auto-convert -
I haven't tested that.

For "best practice" tools - these are tools that have only requirements
that can resolve via Conda in the best practice Conda channels we can do
even more - we can build Singularity containers and use them automatically
- either ahead of time or build on the demand during job execution.

Here is the PR that added the on-demand building support for such
Singularity containers to Galaxy
https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/4185 and here is the tooling
PR (https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy-lib/pull/64) and cached
container PR (https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/pull/4179) support.
If you or anyone has a chance to try it out and beta test - let the list
know how it goes. I plan to talk a little about this work and related
Docker and Conda work at the GCC so I hope to see you there!

-John