Hi Bjoern,
i'm not setting the <param id="singularity_volumes">

it seems the default_ro is not interpreting the preprocess_volumes in class SingularityContainers

volumes_raw = self._expand_volume_str(self.destination_info.get("singularity_volumes", "$defaults"))
volumes = docker_util.DockerVolume.volumes_from_str(volumes_raw)
#preprocessed_volumes_str = preprocess_volumes(volumes_raw, self.container_type) #volumes = docker_util.DockerVolume.volumes_from_str(preprocessed_volumes_str)

Cheers,
Nikos