Hey,

There is no documentation for this but it is possible. You need to install
R and two R libraries (getopt, Matrix) in order to execute the charts
R-script. Once R is configured you can add the charts tool to the tools
directory and update your config/tool_conf.xml file accordingly before
restarting your local instance.

Having said this, can you specify in more detail why the tool installation
fails. Can you install other tools from the toolshed without problems?

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Sam