Dear list,

I found that some tools (eg FastQC and MetaProSIP) have problems with missing fonts (the former is java and the latter caused by R) on our compute nodes which do not have xorg and no fonts installed.

On the cluster head nodes several font related packages are installed:

dejavu-fonts-common-2.33-1.el6.noarch
xorg-x11-fonts-Type1-7.2-11.el6.noarch
liberation-fonts-common-1.05.1.20090721-5.el6.noarch
liberation-sans-fonts-1.05.1.20090721-5.el6.noarch
dejavu-sans-fonts-2.33-1.el6.noarch
urw-fonts-2.4-11.el6.noarch
ghostscript-fonts-5.50-23.2.el6.noarch
xorg-x11-fonts-misc-7.2-11.el6.noarch

It seems that conda no fonts are available. Is there somebody with similar problems. Any hint which of the packages is/are actually needed. Maybe our admins could install them...

I also found for MetaProSIP that several xorg-... packages are needed. Should such dependencies be handled by the conda packages or by the Galaxy tool.

Best,
Matthias

Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
m.be...@ufz.de, www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann