Hi Nicola,

thanks. That worked.

Matthias

On 25.04.2018 12:07, Nicola Soranzo wrote:
Hi Matthias,
if you add

  'openjdk >8.0.121'

to your conda command below, you should get openjdk from conda-forge. For an explanation, see:

https://github.com/bioconda/bioconda-recipes/pull/8588
https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/6948#issuecomment-369360906

Cheers,
Nicola

On 25/04/18 10:44, Matthias Bernt wrote:
Hi Bjoern,

still struggling with your suggestion:

> can you make sure FASTQC gets the openjdk version from conda-forge and
> not from defaults? This will fix our one problem.

conda create -y --override-channels --channel iuc --channel bioconda --channel conda-forge --channel defaults --name __fastqc@0.11.5 fastqc=0.11.5

    fastqc:  0.11.5-pl5.22.0_3 bioconda
    openjdk: 8.0.121-1
    perl:    5.22.0.1-0        conda-forge

removing --channel defaults still resulted in the same.

Then I upgraded conda (4.3.27-py35h1706b01_0 --> 4.5.1-py35_0), and now at least removing the defaults channel has an effect .. but still openjdk is not installed from conda-forge (instead an ominous zulu jdk is installed from bioconda):

    fastqc:   0.11.5-1 bioconda
    java-jdk: 8.0.92-1 bioconda

Any comments on this?

Best,