Hi Peter,

I hope that subclassing simple data types will be sufficient.

More details:

I'm currently trying to (auto)wrap the checkm suite https://github.com/Ecogenomics/CheckM. Current state here: https://github.com/bernt-matthias/mb-galaxy-tools/tree/master/tools/checkm.

These tools often create an output folder which is then the input to other tools. So I thought to create a (output) data type for each of the tools and save the folder using extra_files_path. Then I can pass the folder to downstream tools (and can check for proper input). I hope that subclassing txt or tabular will be sufficient.

Cheers,
Matthias