Hello Sonali,

Using the mercurial command "summary" will display the current changeset. From: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/QuickStart

$ hg sum

If you are pulling from galaxy-central, then you can expect that the repository will be under continual update (this is the development repository). If you are pulling from galaxy-dist, then you can expect that the repository is a static, stable, dated release linked to a News Brief that notes the changeset ID and an overview of content.

News Briefs:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Features/DevNewsBriefs
(next release is planned within the next week)

Hopefully this helps!