Hello Huw,

To help us understand the problem, would you be able to let us know if the upload issue is while you are using Galaxy main with the FTP method (using Filezilla from a desktop or direct from a server)? Or are you using just a browser? If just a browser, please try the FTP method and see if that resolves the time lag (FTP method is explained under the same Get Data -> Upload tool).

We look forward to your feedback,