Two questions, either of which may belong more on the developers list.
But lets try here first:

1.       As we migrate services to Galaxy, a stakeholder expressed
concern at uploading large datafiles of "several gigabytes". Given that
we can require users to  upload from an ftp site or something similar,
does anyone have experience with how well this works with gigabyte-size
files? I figure I can always write a tool to upload masses of data via a
slow but robust method, but it would be good to know if this is
required.

2.       Similarly, someone else wanted to know if Galaxy authorization
could be plugged into another system, such as  Active Directory. Any
pointers on this, or will I have to cut some code?

thanks

----

Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)

Bioinformatics, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk