You can do all the quality filtering with Galaxy, but may involve various
manipulations of the data. If I am not mistaken the "metagenomics" workflow
may help you out a little. Its designed for 454 data but should give you an
idea of how to go about things. There is a video tutorial on the site for
this workflow.

A good place for you to start, however, may be here: Subject:
http://edwards.sdsu.edu/prinseq_beta/#

Prinseq is easy to use and will give you a full break down of your raw data
and enables you to filter by quality/length etc.

FASTqc is an Illumina specialized preliminary analysis tool:
http://www.bioinformatics.bbsrc.ac.uk/projects/fastqc/

I my self was not very impressed with CLC at all. It lacks very rudimentary
yet critical functions.

I am currently working on population amplicon data so couldn't really help
you too much in the latest mapping to reference advances, but I found the
Lasergene SEQman mapping and de-nova assembler much better than the CLC
assembler.
Good luck

Jack

On 11