Folks,

I wanted to scan the 2kb upstream of a list of human gene isoforms for TFBS
using fuzznuc. I was able to
"Get Data"> "UCSC Main" > "As sequence" and get my sequences
"EMBOSS" > fuzznuc ran fine, and output the hits

HOWEVER, fuzznuc lost the genomic position information that UCSC has put after
a space in the sequence headers of the FASTA file. It only provided offsets
within the fasta.

http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/curtish-uab/h/ucsc-fuzznuc-ucsc-broken

Thus, when I converted the fuzznuc output back to a BED file and tried to
visualize the hits in UCSC browser, it failed with "invalid BED File".
I tried fuzznuc with output: seqtable, feattable and gff3, but in all cases the
genomic position was missing, and being a bit of Galaxy novice, I couldn't
figure out how to get the output back to UCSC to visualize the hits.

Can anyone tell me how to link up these tools correctly, or share a history
with some other tool set that accomplishes this goal?

Regards,
Curtis

Research Associate
Center for Clinical and Translational Science
University of Alabama at Birmingham