Hello Curtis,

The BED extraction data can be resolved in Galaxy. Pull out the whole gene and then modify the coordinates in Galaxy to be 10k upstream.

To be clear - this coordinate data is going to be used to transform the coordinates in your current fuzznuc output that is transcript-based to be genome-based. The coordinates are not input for fuzznuc - the are used after fuzznuc is run on the fasta file, in order to covert the result coordinates only.

This page in the UCSC wiki has a good description of how the UCSC coordinates are organized.
http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Coordinate_Transforms

The output format for fuzznuc is documented in the tool's help - the last line on the tool form has a link.

Hopefully this helps to clear up the suggested processing,

Thanks,

Jen
Galaxy team