Hi Jen,

Could you update the yeast genome to match the following 2011 release?

Ensembl release 9 for Fungal database (which is dependant on SGD database)
[link : http://fungi.ensembl.org/Saccharomyces_cerevisiae/Info/Index].

Thank you,
Edward
On Jun 27, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Jennifer Jackson wrote:

> Hello Edward,
>
> The database Saccharomyces_cerevisiae_S288C_SGD2010 could be considered an
> update (newer release) of the SGD/sacCer2 database, since the source is the
> same - SGD:
> http://www.yeastgenome.org/
>
> UCSC did not update to this newer version of the genome (yet), which is why
> in Galaxy it is not labeled with a UCSC short name (for example, sacCer3).
> If/when UCSC decides to create a sacCer3 genome database, we would very
> likely pull that over or add in the short name to the existing Galaxy genome
> (if they were the same build).
>
> There are advantage with deciding to use either. If using the UCSC genome,
> liftOver would be available as well as the option of viewing at UCSC. But
> using the latest genome from SGD would give you the highest quality assembly
> to work with and viewing in Trackster ("Visualization" at Galaxy is a great
> alternative.
>
> Hopefully this helps,
>
> Jen
> Galaxy team
>

> On 6/24/11 8:40 AM, Edward Turk wrote:
>> For yeast analysis I use the following assembly: S. cerevisiae June 2008
>> (SGD/sacCer2) (sacCer2). Recently a new yeast genome has appeared as an
>> option in Galaxy: S. cerevisae str. S288C
>> (Saccharomyces_cerevisiae_S288C_SGD2010). Is this an update to sacCer2?
>> Where is it coming from? I don't see it at UCSC?

>> please use the interface at:
>>
>>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
>
> --
> Jennifer Jackson
> http://usegalaxy.org/
> http://galaxyproject.org/

Dr. Edward Turk, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Dep. of Molecular Biology and Microbiology
Case Western Reserve University
School of Medicine, Wood Bldg. W212
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106