It's reasonably easy to set up Galaxy to use external authentication. We
modeled our authentication after the way MSI folks did it as posted on the
galaxy-dev list a while ago. We use SSO (Single Sign On) with mod_auth_tkt SSO
tied into an LDAP back-end used for our cluster. I'd be happy to share the
details beyond the LDAP authentication discussion you can find in the Galaxy
list archives [1] if necessary. In addition, this sort of question is more
appropriate to the galaxy-dev, but not the galaxy-user list.

Regards,

Alex

--
Oleksandr Moskalenko, Ph.D.