Hello,

The tool documentation provides some help for this:

http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/manual.html#cuffdiff

Basically, the ".combined.gtf file produced by Cuffcompare" is the preferred input, but it does depend on how Cuffcompare was run, as explained in the manual.

Questions about this tool set can also be sent to the tool authors at: tophat.cuffli...@gmail.com.

Best wishes for your project,