Hi,

I'm in the process of adding a proteomics Perl script into a local copy of
Galaxy.

It seems like the version command in the
galaxy/tools/myTools/myPerlTool.xml needs to have a full pathname.

The doco indicates this should be enough:  <version_command>myPerlTool
-version</version_command>, and the few examples of it's use in
galaxy/tools/*/*.xml are not full path, but on my installation this gives,
in the Tool Version section of the View Details page of the run result

/bin/sh: myPerlTool.pl: command not found
I was expecting the version command to pick up the same path/environment as
the main run.

(Also, trivia dept, the doco in
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#A.3Cversion_command.3E_tag_set
still references "<version_string>" instead of "<version_command>". I
see
from a search of source code commits this name change was made in July
2011. )

Thanks !

Greg E

--