Hi David,

There are not tools on the Galaxy Main public server that generate vcf files right now, although a few are in development and will be published there soon. If you are curious about these, you are welcome to explore our test server at: http://test.g2.bx.psu.edu/. A tool search (top left tool panel) with the keyword "vcf" will bring up tools.

We do not offer any help or support or guarantees with tools on test, but if you notice something very odd, feedback is appreciated. The quota limits are quite low (10G) so sticking with smaller datasets is advised. If you like the tools here, a local or cloud instance that pulls from galaxy-central (instead of galaxy-dist) would be one way to get access. Again, this would take some tuning/troubleshooting on your own to do, but perhaps this is not a concern.
http://getgalaxy.org

When major tools are upgraded/published to the Main server, they are announced in the Distribution News Briefs, Twitter, the Mailing Lists, News RSS feeds, and Wiki:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/News
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/DevNewsBriefs
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Galaxy%20on%20Twitter
(galaxy-announce is low volume)